We truly appreciate your support for bereaved children and their families at this time. Giving in memory of your loved one is an amazing way to celebrate their life, keep memories alive and create a positive impact for the future.
Search to see if a Tribute has been created in memory of your friend or loved one where you can donate in their name.
Or create a Tribute in memory of a loved one and donate in their name.
You can also make a donation in memory of a friend or loved one.
By post – please send a cheque payable to Winston’s Wish, with a cover note, to Winston’s Wish, 17 Royal Crescent, Cheltenham GL50 3DA
Over the phone 01242 515157
Or set-up a regular donation in their name.
A regular gift to your Tribute can be a wonderful way to mark a special anniversary and a really positive way to celebrate the life of someone you love.
Many families like to mark a special day or occasion with a gift in memory of their loved one. A regular gift builds a lasting legacy of life-changing impact for bereaved children and their families, who have also lost someone they love. These gifts make a positive difference to lives that have been turned upside-down by grief.
A regular gift can also be added to a Tribute so that you can watch the amount given in memory of your loved one grow month by month or year by year. Click here for more information about Tributes.
You can set up a regular gift online
Set up a regular gift online
or over the phone
Call Corinne on 01242 808492
or by post:
Download a direct debit form and send it to:
Freepost, Winston’s Wish
We recognise that processing funeral gifts is no small task for a church or funeral director and we appreciate the time that you spend in enabling families to make a lasting impact by supporting bereaved children in memory of their loved one.
We can provide a number of resources free of charge to assist you in administering funeral donations, including:
These can make gifts worth an extra 25p for every pound donated. Email email@example.com and we will get back to you on or before the next working day.
A funeral notice / donation page
Click here to create a free funeral Tribute page, which can display a funeral notice and enable friends and family of the bereaved to make online donations. You can hand ownership of this page over to the family at a later date.
Memorial information card
An A4 display card, with information about Winston’s Wish, how family and friends can donate, and how donations will make a difference to bereaved children. Contact us for more details.
We can also provide a Freepost address to make returning cash or cheque donations after the service as quick and simple as possible
Helping you to support families of bereaved children
• Click here to request an information pack, including leaflets about our services, publications & resources and Tribute websites.
• Click here to view and buy memory boxes, other bereavement resources and award-winning publications. You may wish to order resources for your own use or to offer to families as an extra support. Order by post or online.
• Click here to request an A3 glossy poster with information about our services. For display in offices or waiting areas.
• Please share our freephone national Helpline number – 08088 020 021 – with anyone you feel would benefit from speaking to a member of our family services team.
• Our ‘Ask’ service is available for anyone looking for a direct response to any question about supporting grieving children, at www.winstonswish.org.uk/supporting-you/ask-a-question or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can help Winston’s Wish to support bereaved children
• Click here to find out more about CSR fundraising and volunteering opportunities
• Click here to find out more about joining or nominating the Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management Recycling of Metals Scheme
• Please consider nominating Winston’s Wish to benefit from your next memorial service. If you would like information, posters or banners to display at the event, please email email@example.com.
All donations made in your loved one’s name will support children and their families, who have also lost someone they love. For information about how to return funeral donations, please click here.
We can provide a number of resources free of charge to assist you in collecting donations, in lieu of, or as well as flowers at a funeral or memorial service, including:
A funeral notice / donation page
Click here to create a free funeral Tribute page, which can display a funeral notice and enable friends and family to make online donations in memory of your loved one. It can also hold photos, music, videos or stories – like an online memory box. You have the choice to allow public or password-only access to your Tribute and you can share the web address via email before the funeral and/or in the order of service.
These can make gifts in your loved one’s name worth an extra 25p for every pound donated. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you on or before the next working day.
Memorial information card
A personalised A4 memorial information card, with information about Winston’s Wish, how to donate, and how donations will make a difference to bereaved children. Contact us for more details.
To inform friends and family about Winston’s Wish and the impact their support will make. Contact us for more details.
We will also provide you with guidance and a Freepost address to make returning cash or cheque donations after the service as quick and simple as possible.
For advice on the best options for you, or to request materials, please call Corinne on 01242 808 492 or email email@example.com
What is a Tribute?
• a beautiful online ‘memory box’ in tribute to your loved one
• shows the total of any funds raised in their name
• easy to create and update
A Tribute is your own individual website where friends and family, near or far, can share special memories, support each other, and celebrate a loved one’s life in a very personal way. It can hold photos, music, videos or memories – like an online memory box – it is also possible to make donations or use the page for events and fundraising.
A Tribute also shows the total raised in your loved one’s name, so that everyone who has contributed can see what they have achieved. Any money raised will create a lasting legacy of life-changing impact for bereaved children and their families.
What can I do with a Tribute?
Once you have created a Tribute, your loved one’s family and friends will be able to:
• add stories or upload photos, videos and music
• see any money raised in their memory in one place
• make a regular monthly donation or at a special time of year
• create events and fundraise on the Tribute
• link to other fundraising pages (eg. JustGiving, Virgin Money Giving)
How will Winston’s Wish support my Tribute?
The In Memory Team at Winston’s Wish will provide you with any help you may need to set up and update your Tribute, or support for fundraising events and activities.
When you create a Tribute you will receive a welcome pack .
We will also stay in touch with a regular newsletter.
If you would like help supporting a bereaved child, our Family Services Team are available on the Winston’s Wish Freephone Helpline – 08088 020 021.
For more information, or help with your Tribute page, please call 01242 515157 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I create a Tribute?
It is really quick and easy to create a Tribute – just visit remembering.winstonswish.org.uk/CreateMemorial. You will then be taken through a simple step-by-step set-up process. You have the choice to allow public or password-only access to your Tribute and you can have control over what is uploaded.
How does a Tribute support bereaved children?
Any money raised through your Tribute will enable Winston’s Wish to continue providing bereaved children, families, and professionals with a range of practical support services and guidance. Our services give bereaved families the opportunity to talk about and make sense of what has happened, to meet with our professionally qualified clinical practitioners and to meet others in a similar situation. We provide professional therapeutic help in individual, group, and residential settings via our national helpline, website, and publications.